Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Those damned @#@##! exams again.

"As my friends, so I" - Anand Modi (myself).
Well Hardik says that exams bring out the blogger in him. U have got company Hardik. Halfway through the exams I feel in a mood for blogging as well. 4 papers gone, 2 to go and I can hardly wait for the end of the exams, so much so that I have started 'half-celebrating' already. The first paper was Maths and the Lap-lace transform sums may already have wrapped up my brains in laces, not to mention that the EDC exam came and went leaving me even more clueless about the E to C of EDC than before the exam. That was a disastrous Monday for me. Next came the two exams on Wednesday. Electrical Networks was a complete messy tangle of numbers and any engineering student will agree with me on that one, while the FIT paper reminded me strongly of a subject in school called "English" and I faintly recall writing page long essays for 8 marks in my SSC board paper. It was much the same with FIT. Makes me wonder if I should suggest to our teacher to change the name of the subject from FIT to something like "Engineering English". I am sure she won't mind the Engineering part of it, but English is bound to make teachers cry and students laugh, for the English speaking skills displayed by teachers in VJTI are truly amazing (apalling actually). Still we haven't laughed as much as we can, the only laugh the IT class ever got was when the prof. wrote "conversation" instead of "conversion" and insisted that process of conversion is called "conversation". Makes me wonder if prof. Billapatte would have been more fun. But I will leave the description of his English skills to my other friends who have first hand experience of his teaching.

No comments: